Monday, May 9, 2011

Tracking....

I feel like I need to start tracking the mishaps, so that one day I can look back and say - yes, we lived through it.
First, it started with..well, I suppose officially the roof. We finally got it replaced in October, but the bill didn't come until.... last month.
About the same time as a tax bill more than low income people make in a year.
And all in the midst of that, the dishwasher broke. Right before we were expecting our entire family for a weekend stay.
Since then.... Big Daddy has had a random building piece fly off the building next to his and slam his truck hood. $1K in damages.
He also backed into my car.
Another $1K in damages.
And that happened while building garden boxes at a friend's house, in an effort to begin the gardening process and grow some vegetables to save us money...not sure it will save us the $1K the truck will cost (thankfully no damage to my car!!)
Today my washing machine (only 2 years old, and one of the newer front models) developed a leak.
The water machine part of the fridge isn't working.
I DID get a new dishwasher, but that happened after I tried to take out the old one and sprung a leak and had to get Big Daddy home FAST.
Then he and a friend spent the whole day working on it, instead of us getting the garden finished.
So Mother's Day was spent doing that.
And I threw my back out today - probably a result of the gardening, and then the wriggling around trying to find the washer leak.

Anymore, I just laugh. And cling to the promise... "And it came...to pass." Lord, let it pass quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment